- WORKED WITH THE ONE AND ONLY JULIE ANDREWS. Yes, Mary Poppins herself came to the Goodspeed last October to direct The Great American Mousical, which was adapted from the children's book she wrote with her daughter. She was every bit as amazing and regal and gracious as you would hope and imagine her to be. "Jools" was also incredibly down to earth, and took me and our music director out for a lovely dinner. I will never forget it.
- I had my first professional music direction job! In January of 2013, I music-directed a workshop performance of Come From Away as a part of the Goodspeed's Festival of New Artists. It was a fascinating piece, a rewarding experience, and it led to my #3 event:
- I had my first NYC music-direction credit! After its initial success at Goodspeed, Come From Away was selected for the 25th Annual NAMT Festival, and was another huge hit. Excited for where this is heading next.
- My parents turned 60! For my Dad's birthday, I even wrote a 16-minute medley of song parodies to cap off the stellar party.
- Wedding/Life Planning The big day is coming up soon! Chrissy and I are so excited to finally start our lives together, and the planning is going really well, actually. We're also poised to move into NYC next June, and are THRILLED.
So much has happened since I first put this site together last August. Do you know when you put something off, and then continue to put it off because you're embarrassed by your own negligence? Well, I do, and that's how I have felt in regards to my website. Anyway, here I am again, with this year's top five!